Our club plays an active role in our community.
May 2017-April 2018 Community Outreach
- Our HS youth helped with Special Interest Day at our local elementary school in May providing 38 youth some exposure to robot design using the THINK-DO-TEST methodology!
- Our club youth demonstrated robotics at the Clay County Fair in August.
- Our club facilitated a day-long VEX IQ robotics camp at the Vermillion Public Library in September for youth and new coaches to learn design and programming basics.
- Our club had a float in the VHS Homecoming parade promoting robotics.
- Our youth ran the compliance and help area at the SDSU BEST Robotics Competition in October.
- Our club hosted a Girl-Powered STEM event at Jolley elementary in October and the area girls listened to adult mentors talk about STEM careers. They learned about patents held by women and did hands-on activities in mini-robots and squishy circuits.
- Our IQ youth visited the senior citizen center and spoke about robotics in elder care.
- Our youth helped with the non-competitive robotics group at the Vermillion Public Library this past fall.
- Our club hosted a VEX IQ competition at the new Sanford Coyote Sports Center and fun day in Vermillion in January.
- Our youth designed children's hospital gowns with a robot theme for the starlight children's foundation contest. Michaels Stores donated $25 Starlight Gown to a hospitalized kid for every design submitted and our robotics club submitted 8 designs ($250 donated)! One of designs VARC submitted was selected as a semi-finalist.
We have an amazing community that supports STEM activities and funding our club. Click on the images below to learn more about these programs.